• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Ak-47 Parts Kits - Best Deals Out There Thread

This is a discussion on Ak-47 Parts Kits - Best Deals Out There Thread within the AK-47 Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; I thought that this might be a useful thread to track the availability and pricing of AK parts kits. As you find a great deal ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AK-47 Talk » Ak-47 Parts Kits - Best Deals Out There Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 10:41 AM   #1
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 21942
Thumbs up Ak-47 Parts Kits - Best Deals Out There Thread

I thought that this might be a useful thread to track the availability and pricing of AK parts kits. As you find a great deal out there, just post the details here. Anyone with experience or more info on any of the kits posted, please feel free to comment.

To kick it off:-

CenterFire Systems has Rommy B-Grade and C-grade kits right now at $110 and $90 respectively - with varying degrees of rust but also with chrome lined barrels.

J&G have 'very good' condition kits at $140

Phil
"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire thirty shots or only twenty-nine?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a 7.62mm AK-47, the most prolific assault rifle in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, PUNK? "

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Weaponry from the dark side.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

FloridaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-22-2008, 12:12 PM   #2
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 21453
Is a kit a full (everything you need) package just disassembled. If one is purchased, what else is needed, receiver, trigger kit, etc?

XD-45 compact
XD-40 sub-compact
XD-9 sub-compact (SOLD for BRD)

I hereby certify that the person described hereon has been granted the privilege of carrying a concealed weapon in compliance with Arizona revised statute 13-3112.
XDONBOARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:17 PM   #3
Cat Herder

Member #: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDONBOARD View Post
Is a kit a full (everything you need) package just disassembled. If one is purchased, what else is needed, receiver, trigger kit, etc?
In most cases I believe it's everything but the receiver, but I'm hardly an expert on this.

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

"The giving to others in need is my right and indeed, my privilage. It is NOT however, my obligation." - Frenchy~2011

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:20 PM   #4
XDTalk 1K Member

Quote:
As I understand it, it's everything EXCEPT the receiver - the receiver being the only part classified as a firearm - so it's perfectly legal to buy the kit and have it shipped directly to you. With an inexpensive $80 receiver, plus transfer fees to FFL and shipping, the theory is that you can build a better AK for a lot less than the minimum $ for a complete gun from a dealer.
"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire thirty shots or only twenty-nine?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a 7.62mm AK-47, the most prolific assault rifle in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, PUNK? "

Old 02-22-2008, 12:48 PM   #5
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 12092
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPhil View Post
As I understand it, it's everything EXCEPT the receiver - the receiver being the only part classified as a firearm - so it's perfectly legal to buy the kit and have it shipped directly to you. With an inexpensive $80 receiver, plus transfer fees to FFL and shipping, the theory is that you can build a better AK for a lot less than the minimum $ for a complete gun from a dealer.
your also going to need to buy US made internals to make it 922r compliant.

HAIL
--Matt--
newKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:08 PM   #6
XDTalk 4K Member

Where is a good place to buy a decent receiver and US parts kit, or should there be another thread for this?

XD-45 compact
XD-40 sub-compact

I hereby certify that the person described hereon has been granted the privilege of carrying a concealed weapon in compliance with Arizona revised statute 13-3112.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:13 PM   #7
Cat Herder

Member #: 4
Quote:
Where is a good place to buy a decent receiver and US parts kit, or should there be another thread for this?
KVAR and Global Trades are two that come to mind.

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

"The giving to others in need is my right and indeed, my privilage. It is NOT however, my obligation." - Frenchy~2011

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:24 PM   #8
XDTalk 1K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newKid View Post
your also going to need to buy US made internals to make it 922r compliant.
Yes! - don't forget that! Thank you!

Old 02-22-2008, 01:27 PM   #9
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 12092
Quote:
tapco and red star arms are also good places for US made AK parts, although they dont do recievers I dont think. As frenchy said, Global Trades would be a good place to start for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPhil View Post
Yes! - don't forget that! Thank you!
my pleasure

HAIL
--Matt--
newKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:33 PM   #10
XDTalk 4K Member

Thank you gentleman, this seems like a much less expensive option, Is there anything I am missing. Do the kits come with standard furniture or are different colors/materials optional?

XD-45 compact
XD-40 sub-compact

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AK-47 Talk

Search tags for this page

ak 47 parts kit

ak 47 parts kits

ak47 parts kit

best ak 47 kit
best ak 47 kits

best ak 47 parts kit

best ak 47 parts kits
best ak kits
best ak parts kit
best ak parts kits
best ak-47 kits
best ak-47 parts kit
best ak-47 parts kits
best ak47 kit
russian ak parts kits
where can i buy a ak 47 complete parts kit
Click on a term to search for related topics.