• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

my Bulgarian Arsenal SLR-95 rebuild - for "tacti-cool" lovers

This is a discussion on my Bulgarian Arsenal SLR-95 rebuild - for "tacti-cool" lovers within the AK-47 Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; Just thought I would share the re-build of my Arsenal SLR-95. When I started with this gun I was an entire newbie and didn't know ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AK-47 Talk » my Bulgarian Arsenal SLR-95 rebuild - for "tacti-cool" lovers

Old 07-18-2013, 11:30 PM   #1
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 50771
my Bulgarian Arsenal SLR-95 rebuild - for "tacti-cool" lovers

Just thought I would share the re-build of my Arsenal SLR-95. When I started with this gun I was an entire newbie and didn't know how to do anything, thanks to the wealth of knowledge on these forums, I have progressed a lot. While my build may not turn out to suit everyone's taste, it may help some, as I searched for 100s of hours for products that would fit my milled receiver (to my liking) and many "how to's" for installing them. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me.

Here it is....what do you guys think? (kidding obviously, but this is it in current form)

Parts list:
-Hogue pistol grip
-CAA mag release
-Tapco G2 trigger and FCG retainer plate
-CAA 6 position tube
-Mako GL shock collapsible stock and cheek riser
-Midwest industries rail with optic specific top cover
-Primary Arms MD-09 micro red dot
-Tromix smooth charging handle
-Jim Fuller rear leaf sight
-Magpul AFG gen 1 foregrip
-Magpul XTM rail covers
-Bunch of circle 10 mags (Love these)

I will update this thread as parts come back and it comes a long.

Tomorrow morning its on its way to get cerakote done in Graphite Black and Tactical Grey.
"Lord make me fast and accurate, let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let NOT my last thought be if I only had my gun.....and lord.....if today is truly the day that you call me home.....let me die in a empty pile of brass"
Sublimeon24s is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-18-2013, 11:32 PM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

here's some of it prior to cerakote

"Lord make me fast and accurate, let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let NOT my last thought be if I only had my gun.....and lord.....if today is truly the day that you call me home.....let me die in a empty pile of brass"
Old 07-18-2013, 11:39 PM   #3
XDTalk 500 Member

Mounted the tube / stock this morning before sending it off for the new finish....there are a bunch of "stock adapters" out there for stamped but if your running a milled receiver like me, you really don't have many options. I will say, this CAA (CAA AKTM) tube fits the rifle perfect, snug as can be and just bolts right into the back of it as long as your lower tang is removed. It will accept any commercial spec stock (im running the Mako GL shock stock with recoil reducing technology built in it) and gives you ambi sling loops........Highly suggest this tube to anyone looking for a seamless integration without a bunch of "linking" pieces like my previous ACE external block with pig nose adapter setup.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #4
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 47428
Very cool.
cz75luver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:31 AM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 53100
You are going to enjoy now that AK. With that adjustable Mako GL stock and the cheek raiser you can mount any scope or red dot and adjust for it!

Enjoy it and be safe!!!
Jonie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #6
XDTalk 80K Member

Member #: 14053
Very nice!
Old 07-20-2013, 12:14 PM   #7
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 41876
Love my Arsenal SLR-95. do you know what the MB stands for? it mean pinned Muzzle brake.

Anyways, when I got mine, someone have changed out the handgaurds to the railed tapco, loose fitting rattling type. I've tried a couple of different rails and ended up getting a wood set. If you have the original hand gaurds from yours, I would be interested in purchasing them from you. I would love to find a stock that fits the one tang milled receiver. I bought a bulgariun stock a few years ago and haven't messed with it. That was before I knew the difference in the tangs, and stamped/milled stocks.

how it was when I got it

Current state. undecided what to do with the wood until I figure out an affordable stock situation. It is a very low serial number. it was bought in 1996 for a measly sum of 434 bucks brand new. It is just as accurate as my bushmaster at 200 yards. The most accurate AK I've ever shot.

1911 SA loaded, RIA Compact tactical 9mm
Ruger SR556
SLR-95
SquirrelSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #8
XDTalk 500 Member

^^^ very nice....looks good with the blonde furniture....not sure the regular "military" stocks that replace the thumbhole stock work with just the upper tang. Mine had the lower tang and I just un screwed it and took it out to add the tube for the collapsible. Unfortunately, my factory black polymer arsenal hand guards aren't in the best of condition to bother selling

I should have an update on this thread Friday
Old 07-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #9
XDTalk 500 Member

Reaper hydro coated XTM panels came in as well as the Fuller rear sight....popped the sight into my friends AK real quick and it 100%, for me, is much easier to get on target then the factory rear sight.

Should have it all put back together and pics up saturday afternoon......excited
Old 07-23-2013, 01:04 PM   #10
XDTalk Member

Member #: 81840
Here's what I've done to mine so far. 40 round mag, Hogue pistol grip, Tapco G2 trigger, and a cheap Tapco AK T6 Stock.
Attached Thumbnails
my Bulgarian Arsenal SLR-95 rebuild - for "tacti-cool" lovers-old-ak.jpg   my Bulgarian Arsenal SLR-95 rebuild - for "tacti-cool" lovers-new-ak.jpg  
Proverbs 21:31
The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD.
BenjaminXD is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AK-47 Talk

Search tags for this page
arsenal brand ak-47 slr95

arsenal slr 95

arsenal slr 95 for sale

arsenal slr 95 review

arsenal slr-95

arsenal slr-95 for sale
bulgarian slr 95 for sale
bulgarian slr-95 review

slr 95

slr 95 for sale

slr 95 review
slr ak stock replacement

slr-95

slr-95 bipod
slr-95 stock replacement
slr95
Click on a term to search for related topics.