• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

EAA Saiga .308, EAA Zastava Sporter, or Hungarian AMD 65

This is a discussion on EAA Saiga .308, EAA Zastava Sporter, or Hungarian AMD 65 within the AK-47 Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; I found a used .308 Saiga and the importer is EAA. First one I've seen. Areas of concern are the tac welded on muzzle brake ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AK-47 Talk » EAA Saiga .308, EAA Zastava Sporter, or Hungarian AMD 65

Old 10-31-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
AKC
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 41665
EAA Saiga .308, EAA Zastava Sporter, or Hungarian AMD 65

I found a used .308 Saiga and the importer is EAA. First one I've seen. Areas of concern are the tac welded on muzzle brake and the craptasticle Tapco Side folding stock. Which I know can be fixed. And it's a .308. I like the round but it is more expensive to shoot. $550.00

Next is a EAA Zastava Sporter. $350.00. Nice fit and finish. Also the first one I've seen. I'd want to convert it.

Or wait for this gun store to get in some more Hungarian AMD 65s for $430.

Or this same gun store has Saiga Sporters for $300. They also do conversions. They told me around $600 out the door to get it to a standard AK. Or of course I could eventually attempt it myself.

When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty.

-Benjamin Franklin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
AKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-31-2011, 02:27 PM   #2
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 6481
Nice choices about spot on prices for all of them. $300 for a Saiga Sporter is a steal, its not that it really matters but some of the Saiga Sporters do not have dimples so you might want to check that out, if they are important to you.

Conversion is pretty cheap and easy to do, you can take it as far as you like depending on how deep your wallet is, and how many tools you have. A basic one should not run more than 150$ If you tear into the front end expect to pay a bit more.

I would vote for the Saiga in what ever caliber you want, do some research and convert it your self, its a good learning process for basic AK skills.

You might want to look out for the Zastava, I think not 100% sure that they have a slant cut on the rear recevier which would limit your conversion options.

I dont like AMD 65's never shoot one but they look uncomfortable to shoot, nothing wrong with them just personal prefernce.

Ive seen some pretty sweet converted Saiga .308's and look like they could be made into one hell of a battle rifle.

Good luck with your choice and post pictures when you get your rifle!
blefferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:51 PM   #3
CGP
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 52344
I would say Saiga and do the conversion. Only saying because that's what I'm doing on the two I bought. The Zastava pap from what I read is difficult if not impossible to convert to standard AK. The mag well is too small to fit double stack mags. I also found out that the bullet stripper on the bolt is narrower than standard AK bolts and will only work with single stack mags.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:14 AM   #4
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 52037
Since I have literally just ordered me a AMD 65 I guess I am somewhat biased on this question ...
Stogies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:29 PM   #5
AKC
XDTalk 5K Member

Thanks for the replies.

At his point I'm leaning toward the AMD 65 but have not completely mad up my mind yet. From the research I've done it's a damn good AK for the money compared to a WASR.

I was also wrong on the SAIGA price. They want $399. Which seems a little steep for a sporter SAIGA.

When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty.

-Benjamin Franklin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Old 11-18-2011, 04:52 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 37701
If you still want the Saiga -

Unadvertised Specials
Old 11-21-2011, 05:57 PM   #7
AKC
XDTalk 5K Member

^^^^ Ordering the converted Saiga. Thanks!!

-Benjamin Franklin

Old 11-22-2011, 04:11 AM   #8
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 52037
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreySmoke View Post
If you still want the Saiga -

Unadvertised Specials
It is about the best price I have seen in a long time for sure...
Stogies is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AK-47 Talk

Search tags for this page
do pro mag saiga mags fit zastava 308

eaa saiga .308

eaa saiga 308

pap 308

saiga vs zastava
zastava .308 ak
zastava 308 ak

zastava 308 review

zastava m77 vs saiga 308
zastava m77 vs saiga 308 rifle
zastava pap m77 .308 review
zastava vs saiga
Click on a term to search for related topics.