• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

US PALM AK-47 Magazine

This is a discussion on US PALM AK-47 Magazine within the AK-47 Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; Hey all, got another AK question. I have a WASR 10/63 and love it, It came with two Tapco mags and they dont wobble at ...

Old 02-09-2010, 09:40 PM   #1
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 39825
US PALM AK-47 Magazine

Hey all, got another AK question. I have a WASR 10/63 and love it, It came with two Tapco mags and they dont wobble at all, however I left one of the mags with 10 rnds in it for about a week, and for some reason the follower is stuck halfway down and the rounds just poured out. CRAP!!! I took it apart and re assembled it and it now feels week, the spring has less strength now, wont really push the rounds up like the other mag. Anyway, to the question, I am in the market for a better magazine and saw an ad for the US-PALM magazine. These things look like great quality but I want to know if they will wobble or not, will they fit like the Tapco mags, that would be sweet! US PALM - The World's Most Advanced AK-47 Magazine If anyone has any info let me know, thanks!

"Ελεύθερον το Εύψυχον"

"I firmly believe that four of the most disappointing words you can read on the internet as a firearms enthusiast are, TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK" -Me
XDMulisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-09-2010, 10:06 PM   #2
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 28772
Mag wobble is part and parcel of the Kalashnikov.

Don't buy into "an AK isn't supposed to have mag wobble", as you'll drive yourself crazy trying to achieve that.

As far as US Palm, it seems Rosie and her five sisters are busy at work with the ignorant public . .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
|
nalioth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:11 PM   #3
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 1698
I don't know anything about US-Palm, so I'm sorry I can't help you there. However, if you don't need US made magazines for a parts count you can always go with K-Var (allegedly they make the best magazines according to some) or just plain old surplus steel AK mags.

I bought like 25 romanian mags when I saw them on sale for cheap. I sold a few to a friend and kept the rest for myself.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

&

Krackels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:49 PM   #4
XDTalk 1K Member

well my tapcos dont wobble, but I will check out the other mags mentioned. Yea whats up with US-PALM and the whole Civilian Sales soon thing WTF! Thanks for the help guys i will check out K-VAR

"Ελεύθερον το Εύψυχον"

"I firmly believe that four of the most disappointing words you can read on the internet as a firearms enthusiast are, TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK" -Me
Old 02-10-2010, 01:04 AM   #5
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 28772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krackels View Post
I don't know anything about US-Palm, so I'm sorry I can't help you there. However, if you don't need US made magazines for a parts count you can always go with K-Var (allegedly they make the best magazines according to some) or just plain old surplus steel AK mags.
Another myth.

K-Var doesn't make the magazines they sell - they're milsurps from Arsenal of Bulgaria.

Surplus steel mags are always the best bet, as they're cheap and will last forever (with care).

|
|
nalioth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:40 AM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 30973
US PALM are the newest American Made AK Mag. For better than tapco, they should be shipping soon. I have a Ak30 by US PALM and it is solid.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:31 PM   #7
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 5489
So...how do you take it apart to clean it?? They will get grit in them. What happens if a round jams in the middle of the mag??

Its very hard to beat the steels, and even the poly combloc mags. its all about marketing I guess. With the available US parts counts to add to your AK, why even bother with an expensive American made wanna be when there is absolutely nothing wrong with the originals?? I guess maybe the American market for different colours or the fact that some people just think that because its American made its better....dunno, but they won't get any of my money, and they damn sure won't cost less, work any better, or out last any of my originals....

I tell ya what, come out with a reliable 50 or 75 round 5,45 drum....maybe I'd be interested....

einheit 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 07:49 AM   #8
XDTalk 1K Member

OK guys I sent US-PALM / SGUSA.com, (Disrtibutors). s message asking If they would fit, if there was any wobble etc... this is what I got back;

Dear Awesomeness!,
"Your question hits pretty close to home because I have a WASR as well and I've been looking forward to the AK30 for a while now. Speaking with the R&D department over at US Palm they say there isn't an easy answer.They tested them on many different models of AK47, and usually several examples of each model, the WASR included. They fit very well in all WASR's, however some of the rifles appear to be out of spec internally, and they have issues feeding.From what I can tell there is no way to visually tell the difference between an in spec and out of spec rifle. It is almost a luck of the draw thing. If you have any other questions please let me know."
-Asst. Mgr.

"Ελεύθερον το Εύψυχον"

Last edited by XDMulisha; 02-14-2010 at 07:53 AM. Reason: cuz this is America
Old 02-14-2010, 10:30 AM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 30973
That sounds like a wasr problem. The rifle is out of spec. My wasr feeds the AK30 with no problem.

To clean the AK30 you rinse with warm soapy water and it drains throught holes in the follwer. It explains all this on the sgcusa.com. If it jams in the midddle, you clear like you would any other mag.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:57 PM   #10
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 1698
Quote:
Originally Posted by olywa View Post
US PALM are the newest American Made AK Mag. For better than tapco, they should be shipping soon. I have a Ak30 by US PALM and it is solid.
Um... this may seem like a dumb question, but how do you have one if they haven't started shipping them?
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

&

Krackels is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AK-47 Talk

ak47, follower, magazine, us-palm

Search tags for this page
american made ak magazines
best us made ak magazine
how to take apart us palm ak mags

us palm ak mag review

us palm ak magazine review

us palm ak mags
us palm ak-47 magazine review
us palm ak47 mag review
us palm magazine

us palm magazine review

us palm mags dont fit
uspalm ak magazine disassembly
Click on a term to search for related topics.