• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Inter Ordinance good or bad?

This is a discussion on Inter Ordinance good or bad? within the AK-47 Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; I just bought a STG 2000 the front sight is way off. It is shooting around 2 feet low. I have an adjustment tool on ...

Old 02-04-2010, 11:44 AM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 43127
Inter Ordinance good or bad?

I just bought a STG 2000 the front sight is way off. It is shooting around 2 feet low. I have an adjustment tool on the way but its going be a few days before i can get it out to shoot. i was just wondering if its a decent rifle or not since i cant find out my self.... i have only put 40-50 rounds through it so im leaning towards the bad side for IOI so far, but well see.

The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
fAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-05-2010, 12:32 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 40941
You really don't hear too much about IO on forums. I have never seen one in person so I don't know the quality, but I would like to find out more about them.
Motodeficient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:34 PM   #3
XDTalk Newbie

Waiting for the range

Ill let you know how it does when i get my rifle zeroed. snow storms getting rdy to hit us here in West bye God Virginia so ill get to it as soon as i can get out to my farm.
Attached Thumbnails
Inter Ordinance good or bad?-sspx0066.jpg  
Old 02-07-2010, 12:30 AM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 27193
Quote:
Originally Posted by fAnthony View Post
I just bought a STG 2000 the front sight is way off. It is shooting around 2 feet low. I have an adjustment tool on the way but its going be a few days before i can get it out to shoot. i was just wondering if its a decent rifle or not since i cant find out my self.... i have only put 40-50 rounds through it so im leaning towards the bad side for IOI so far, but well see.
No offense but why did you buy the rifle with little or no knowledge of what you were buying? The STG 2000 is basically a Romanian WASR with a stock that makes it resemble the East German Wieger STG-940 rifle. The STG-2000-C is in caliber 7.62x39 and the STG-2003-C in caliber 5.56x45. Its quality is basically like a WASR, maybe a bit better on average and you can certainly fix any sight related issues. At what distance is it shooting 2' low. Is the front sight canted (leaning to one side). This is a fairly common issue with rifles from the Romanian Cugir Arsenal. My STG 2000 shoots on par with my other AK's and the Wieger type stock adds a different twist/look to the AK platform and because of the added lenght of pull this stock provides shooting the rifles is rewarding and easy.

Read these info for some background on these rifles
STG
Collecting and Shooting the Military Surplus Rifle (200 - Surplusrifle.com
When I leave the home port........Springfield XD (9mm), Glock 19, Glock 26, Kahr PM9, CZ RAMI (9mm), SIG P6, S&W 642 Airweight, Kahr CW40, Star Firestar, Browning Hi Power, Dan Wesson Pointman 7, Colt Commander, CZ 82, Bulgarian Makarov, S&W Mod. 10, Ruger Police Service Six, Colt Detective Sp., Ruger SP101

Last edited by Pirate; 02-07-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #5
XDTalk Newbie

stg 2000

Actually i did look at some message boards i only found 1 or 2 entrys on this riffle i also read some articles about it but i didnt think i could trust the gun rags so i asked on here. it is 2 feet low at 75 yards. i took it out today when i got my front sight adjustment tool i adjusted it all the way down and it is still 8 inches low.i just spoke to a guy at IOI and i have to send it back. turns out they have had this problem alot of late.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AK-47 Talk

Search tags for this page
i.o. stg2000

inter ordinance

inter ordinance polish ak47
inter ordnance
inter ordnance ak 47
inter ordnance ak47
inter ordnance stg 2000 parts
inter ordnance stg2003c
interordnance ak 47
io stg2000c vs
is inter ordnance bad
stg 2003c
stg 940
stg-940
wieger 940
Click on a term to search for related topics.