• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

What are the best upgrades for WASR AK??

This is a discussion on What are the best upgrades for WASR AK?? within the AK-47 Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; Originally Posted by olywa Send it to Jim Fuller at Rifle Dynamics for his WASR package $350. Is this a joke?...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AK-47 Talk » What are the best upgrades for WASR AK??

Old 06-21-2009, 03:06 PM   #21
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 28772
Quote:
Originally Posted by olywa View Post
Send it to Jim Fuller at Rifle Dynamics for his WASR package $350.
Is this a joke?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
|
nalioth is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-21-2009, 03:08 PM   #22
XDTalk Member

Member #: 37878
Not for a red dot but I could put my Leupold on it..

AKS-020 - AK-47 Leapers UTG Weaver Style Scope Mount and See Thru 1" Rings Imported All Steel and Easy Installation!
andyffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:15 PM   #23
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 30973
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
Is this a joke?
No he can fix the cant and smooth the roughy edges and make it a fighting rifle. Google his name.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:57 PM   #24
XDTalk 2K Member

Quote:
No he can fix the cant and smooth the roughy edges and make it a fighting rifle. Google his name.
I know who he is, thanks.

It just seems quite funny to me to spend more on "improving" a gun than what it's worth.

For the price of a WASR + Rifle Dynamic's "buff and polish fee", one can actually buy a Kalashnikov type rifle that doesn't need that service in the first place.

|
|
Old 06-21-2009, 07:04 PM   #25
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 34386
Quote:

It just seems quite funny to me to spend more on "improving" a gun than what it's worth.

For the price of a WASR + Rifle Dynamic's "buff and polish fee", one can actually buy a Kalashnikov type rifle that doesn't need that service in the first place.

+1

WASR's are not meant to be precision tuned sniper rifles. Use them, abuse them, shoot them. Arsenal or Lancaster can sell you a finely tuned and fitted AK..how much ya wanna spend??
tx_oil_field_trash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:37 PM   #26
XDTalk 2K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_oil_field_trash View Post
Quote:

+1

WASR's are not meant to be precision tuned sniper rifles. Use them, abuse them, shoot them. Arsenal or Lancaster can sell you a slightly better tuned and fitted AK..how much ya wanna spend??
Allow me the small edit.

You're not gonna get "fine tuned" with any mass market Kalashnikov.

|
|
Old 06-21-2009, 09:25 PM   #27
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 30973
If you bought a wasr awhile back for cheap the getting Fullerized is a good deal.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:48 PM   #28
XDTalk 2K Member

Quote:
If you bought a wasr awhile back for cheap the getting Fullerized is a good deal.
So is reading.

This site has every common "failing" of the WASRs listed, with how to fix them yourself.

If this post saves you money, donate it in my name to your favorite charity.

|
|
Old 06-22-2009, 08:54 PM   #29
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 15221
Quote:
Send it to Jim Fuller at Rifle Dynamics for his WASR package $350.

yeesh.

What all does he do for $350.

It begs the question, why not buy a premium custom built gun, buy an arsenal etc.

I realize the above might cost a bit more but a $500 wasr, plus $350, plus shipping $40-100, is about $1000

and you still have a wasr.

The appeal of a wasr is the cheapness. This is like putting 15,000 into customizing a Kia RIO. When you done you still have a kia rio. No one is particularly inpressed, but for the price you could have bought a number of sweeter nicer cars.

If thats your thing and it makes you happy, and money is no issue go for it.

If you put $350 into a wasr, you married that gun, you better love it cause you will never see that money back if you sell it.

Again if it makes you happy then who cares i guess. Seems rather decadent since there are no premium parts or mods from the sound of it. Just a little refining and elbow grease etc.
billbrasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:27 PM   #30
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 31354
I think the post re-guarding Jim Fuller at Rifle Dynamics was a nice and honest suggestion but, I agree...putting all that money into a WASR is kinda an oxymoron. You might as well get a nice Arsenal for that kinda dough. Those kind of upgrades really don't do enough justice for the rifle. I think we all love the WASR because it's a down and dirty weapon, kind of like a dirty biker chick instead of a drama queen like the AR 15. He does some nice looking stuff, but in the end, a WASR is a WASR. Like a friend of mine said, "You can't polish a turd." I don't think your rifle is a turd,( I love my WASR to death) but you can probably make your weapon a lot nicer with the basics, and WITHOUT spending a ton of money on packages, optics, etc. etc.

ah8176 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AK-47 Talk

Search tags for this page
ak 47 best upgrades
ak upgrades

best ak 47 upgrades

best ak upgrades

best ak-47 upgrades

best ak47 upgrades
best upgrades for ak-47
best upgrades for ak47
best upgrades for wasr 10
best wasr 10 upgrades
best wasr upgrades
how to upgrade and change parts on your wasr type sporting rifles
rifle dynamics wasr
wasr 10 upgrades
wasr ak 47 upgrades

wasr upgrades

Click on a term to search for related topics.