• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

AK Mag Rebuild Kits-- Do they exist somewhere?

This is a discussion on AK Mag Rebuild Kits-- Do they exist somewhere? within the AK-47 Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; I've just undergone the decision to build up an AK (M70AB2-Underfolder) and I was looking at the prices on mags. There are a few places ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AK-47 Talk » AK Mag Rebuild Kits-- Do they exist somewhere?

Old 05-23-2009, 09:30 AM   #1
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 1698
AK Mag Rebuild Kits-- Do they exist somewhere?

I've just undergone the decision to build up an AK (M70AB2-Underfolder) and I was looking at the prices on mags.

There are a few places selling just mag bodies for cheap, but I can't find anywhere selling 'rebuild kits' (i.e. follower, floor plate & springs).

They must exist somewhere. I can find floor plates at K-Var and I'm sure I can get springs from Wolf Springs, and I can probabaly scrounge up followers somewhere. However there's got to be a retailer that's selling kits that include all three.

Anyone know of a retailer selling them? Or has anyone even seen 'kits' like the ones I'm describing ever offered for sale?
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Krackels is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-29-2009, 06:16 AM   #2
XDTalk 25K Member

bump for answers?

I did some looking around and unless the rebuild kits were CHEAP I wouldn't end up saving any money building my own magazines.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

&

Old 05-29-2009, 06:09 PM   #3
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 6481
i honestly do not think they sell mag rebuild kits, for the shear fact that they would be a cobbled togther group of parts from other magazines or imports.

not sure what they are selling mag bodies for, but if its cheaper to go the route you stated ie buy wolf springs, and followers and floor plates from K-var (which would add 2 922r points to your build) than it would to buy a complete easternbloc magazine then go for it, If its not I wouldnt hassal with it unless you want/need the 2 922r points for your build
blefferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:30 PM   #4
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 28772
The parts don't exist because they don't go bad.

You can find followers and floorplates occasionally, due to their being compliance parts, not because the original parts need "rebuilding".

|
|
nalioth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:37 PM   #5
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 27366
Interesting question/topic though.

My Cats Support the 2nd Amendment
NRA Life Member
DAV
Diocoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:33 PM   #6
XDTalk 25K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blefferd View Post
i honestly do not think they sell mag rebuild kits, for the shear fact that they would be a cobbled togther group of parts from other magazines or imports.

not sure what they are selling mag bodies for, but if its cheaper to go the route you stated ie buy wolf springs, and followers and floor plates from K-var (which would add 2 922r points to your build) than it would to buy a complete easternbloc magazine then go for it, If its not I wouldnt hassal with it unless you want/need the 2 922r points for your build
Yeah I would never use a magazine (or parts of one for 922r compliance), so I was really just interested in building cheaper magazines using steel bodied magazines.

&

Old 05-31-2009, 03:46 PM   #7
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 32989
Location: west by god virginia born and raised. pittsburgh right now for school.
i think i saw some from cdnn

"You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
-Isoroku Yamamoto
treboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:35 PM   #8
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 6236
I just received 8 EG AK-74 mag rebuild kits from a guy in FLA. They were packed like the mag kits were in vacuum bags with the anti corrosion paper. The springs came 4 in a bag, the followers(plastic, unfortunately) 8 per bag, the inner floorplates and outers were 8 per bag. I never saw these anywhere else so I figured hey, for $80 shipped I did OK.

If we ever forget that we're One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under."
Ronald Reagan
manic mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:00 PM   #9
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 36612
Arent' surplus mags running at like $10 a pop? I'm not trying to be a smartass, at prices like that why would you want to rebuild? I realize there could be a cost savings, I'm just curious...sort of new around here and still learning...
Old 06-17-2009, 03:34 PM   #10
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 6236
The cheapest I've been able to find the EG AK-74's have been $25-40 apiece, and sometimes that's used. These are for the 5.45x39 mags.

If we ever forget that we're One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under."
Ronald Reagan
manic mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AK-47 Talk

kit, mag, rebuild

Search tags for this page
ak 47 mag rebuild kits
ak 47 magazine parts kit

ak 47 magazine rebuild kit

ak 47 magazine rebuild kits

ak 74 magazine rebuild kit
ak 74 magazine rebuild kits
ak mag bodies
ak mag body

ak mag rebuild kits

ak mag springs for sale

ak magazine rebuild kit

ak magazine spring
ak magazine springs
ak47 magazine rebuild kit
ak47 romanian magazine rebuild kit
how to refurbish ak magazines
Click on a term to search for related topics.