• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Norinco AK47 hunter

This is a discussion on Norinco AK47 hunter within the AK-47 Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; What can you guys tell me about this rifle? I have not seen one of these, nor heard anyone talk about them. Would not mind ...

Old 03-24-2009, 10:12 PM   #1
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 6823
Norinco AK47 hunter

What can you guys tell me about this rifle? I have not seen one of these, nor heard anyone talk about them. Would not mind adding something like that to my collection

AK_47 Norinco Hunter Super Nice ! : for AK-47 at GunBroker.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Force and mind are opposites; morality ends where a gun begins.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

O
ne Big A$$ Mistake America

xd4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-24-2009, 10:26 PM   #2
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 15221
i would get one of the thumbhole stock nornicos for about the same price, and rock the thumbhole stock as long as you can stomach looking at it and dont mind the way it feels.

like this one, buy it now price of $500

Norinco MAK-90 Sporter : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com
billbrasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:00 PM   #3
XDTalk 3K Member

I have a AK47 already. Romanian WASR-10, Just kinda looking for something different.

O

Old 03-24-2009, 11:07 PM   #4
XDTalk 5K Member

what you posted is a 7.62x39 norinco ak47, with a monte carlo stock on it.

It is a ak47. Just with a funky stock, receiver and trigger.

I personally have never shot one in the hunter configuration, look at the trigger, i dont like it, it appears to go back a bit, but mostly an upwards action. Yuck, no thanks.

If you want a monte carlo stocked ak47, you can get a 7.62x39 siaga cheaper than the norinco hunters

Last edited by billbrasky; 03-24-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:10 PM   #5
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 25129
I don't really see the point in it...if you want it solely for hunting, get a hunting rifle. The Norinco probably isn't terribly accurate, anyways. Just put a different stock on your WASR if you feel like taking it hunting. It's basically the same thing.

Joeywhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:04 AM   #6
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 28772
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbrasky View Post
what you posted is a 7.62x39 norinco ak47, with a monte carlo stock on it.

It is a ak47. Just with a funky stock, receiver and trigger.

I personally have never shot one in the hunter configuration, look at the trigger, i dont like it, it appears to go back a bit, but mostly an upwards action. Yuck, no thanks.

If you want a monte carlo stocked ak47, you can get a 7.62x39 siaga cheaper than the norinco hunters
Sorry, Mr. Brasky.

The Norinco Hunter is a copy of the Valmet Hunter.

They are based on the Kalashnikov, but aren't technically AKs. Military AK furniture won't fit at all w/o a lot of work (much more than needed on a Saiga).

These make great donors for Galil clones, as they use the angled milled receiver devised by the Finns.

Edited to add: Before everyone gets their knickers in a knot, the angle I'm referring to is at the front of the receiver:

|
|

Last edited by nalioth; 03-25-2009 at 02:17 AM.
nalioth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:02 AM   #7
XDTalk 3K Member

This is strictly collection only, I had no plans of taking a deer with it. That is why I have a Browning BAR safari in 7mm. I just like variants and thought that would look good with my other rifles and maybe be a good investment that maybe some day my future kids might enjoy.

O

Old 03-25-2009, 11:19 AM   #8
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
Sorry, Mr. Brasky.

The Norinco Hunter is a copy of the Valmet Hunter.

They are based on the Kalashnikov, but aren't technically AKs. Military AK furniture won't fit at all w/o a lot of work (much more than needed on a Saiga).

These make great donors for Galil clones, as they use the angled milled receiver devised by the Finns.

Edited to add: Before everyone gets their knickers in a knot, the angle I'm referring to is at the front of the receiver:
i knew that they are popular for galil clones.

So can you explain are the valmet and galil not considered AK's by purists? Or by virtually anyone ? It seems most forums lump them together .... along with other ak variants.

Guess i cant believe everything i see on the net.

I am also confused with the military furnature distinction as lots of real militatry furnature doesnt fit every other real mil receiver, right?

What about commerical recievers that are real copies of mil reciecers, i dont think every mil furnature fits everything ..... explain if you would just for future reference please.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:49 PM   #9
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 25129
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd4life View Post
This is strictly collection only, I had no plans of taking a deer with it. That is why I have a Browning BAR safari in 7mm. I just like variants and thought that would look good with my other rifles and maybe be a good investment that maybe some day my future kids might enjoy.
If you want it for collecting...then by all means.

I don't even try to explain to people why I have two Mosins and want 3 more...

Joeywhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:00 PM   #10
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 28772
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbrasky View Post
i knew that they are popular for galil clones.

So can you explain are the valmet and galil not considered AK's by purists? Or by virtually anyone ? It seems most forums lump them together .... along with other ak variants.

Guess i cant believe everything i see on the net.

I am also confused with the military furnature distinction as lots of real militatry furnature doesnt fit every other real mil receiver, right?

What about commerical recievers that are real copies of mil reciecers, i dont think every mil furnature fits everything ..... explain if you would just for future reference please.
Military AK furniture will fit most every commercial military pattern AK out there. Milled receiver furniture won't fit stamped receivers, and vice verse.

As far as "lumping", there are some ignorant folks who lump the Vz58 and SKS (they're all commie rifles, right?) in with the Kalashnikov as well.

While it is an "AK derivative", it is not an AK.

|
|

Last edited by nalioth; 03-25-2009 at 01:16 PM.
nalioth is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AK-47 Talk

Search tags for this page

ak 47 hunter

ak hunter

ak hunter rifle norinco
ak-47 hunter model adjustable stocks
ak47 hunter

norinco ak 47 hunter

norinco ak hunter
norinco ak hunter for sale
norinco ak hunter reviews
norinco ak hunter rifle
norinco ak47 hunter

norinco hunter

norinco hunter ak
norinco hunter ak 47
norinco hunter stocks
Click on a term to search for related topics.